Rabbits are herbivores. It may be tempting to believe that they can eat any plant. However, there are actually many different types of foliage that are poisonous to rabbits.
Eating poisonous foods can be a danger to rabbits. They do not have the ability to vomit, which means rabbits don’t have an easy way to get rid of ingested toxins. Unfortunately, most domestic rabbits are not picky with what they eat. They will gladly go after anything they can get their teeth on. Whether it be potted house plants or the flowers in your garden, you’ll want to pay attention to everything your rabbit has access to.
The good news is that, in general, rabbits are not easily poisoned by plants. Most plants that have components that are poisonous to rabbits need to be eaten in large quantities to be truly harmful. So if your rabbit takes a couple nibbles of a flower that they shouldn’t eat, they’ll probably be fine, but if they eat the whole potted plant, then you may have to take action.
Harmful Indoor Plants & Flowers
Some of the things that you will find on this list are also found out side, but are things that you either bring into the home as cut flowers or fruits that are grown outside.
We tried to focus on plants that are most comely found in the BC, Alberta Saskatchewan areas.